Illinois Online Voter Application State Board of Election
Click on the link to be redirected to the Illinois State Board of Elections website.
Illinois Online Voter Application
Register by Mail
Mail-in Registration Forms
- Complete the
mail-in registration form.
- Optional* - Provide copies of 2 acceptable forms of ID (see the Acceptable Forms of ID list below) with the completed mail-in registration form.
- *If you do not provide the forms of ID, you will not be eligible to vote by mail the first time you vote, and will be required to provide election officialswith this information the first time you vote at a polling place.
- Mail the completed registration form and, if applicable, the copies of the 2 forms of ID to the following address:
Kane County Clerk
719 S Batavia Ave, Bldg B
Geneva, IL 60134
Register in Person
Be sure to bring 2 acceptable forms of ID (see the Acceptable Forms of ID list below) when you register to vote.
*The above link is to a list of locations in Kane County; however, you may register at any location in the State of Illinois that offers voter registration.
To be eligible to register to vote, a person must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age by Election Day; or 17 years of age to register to vote in a general primary or consolidated primary if individual will be 18 on the date of the immediately following general or consolidated election
- Reside in the precinct for 30 days prior to the next election.
Acceptable Forms of ID
In accord with [10 ILCS 5/4-10. 5-9, 6-37] …The registration officer shall require the applicant to furnish two (2) forms of identification, and except in the case of a homeless individual, one of which must include his or her current residential address. These forms of identification shall include but are not limited to any of the following:
- Driver's License / State Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Public Aide Identification Card
- Current Utility Bill
- Employee Identification Card
- Student Identification Card
- Lease or contract for residence
- Credit Card
- Civic Membership Card
- Union Membership Card
- Professional Association Membership Card
If the applicant does not have the above forms of identification, we may accept their current and valid photo identification, a current bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter.
The registration officer must require a homeless individual to furnish evidence of his use of the mailing address stated. A mailing address of a homeless individual may include, but is not limited to, a shelter, a day shelter, or a private residence. This use may be demonstrated by a piece of mail addressed to that individual and received at that mailing address. [10ILCS 5/3-2, 4-10, 5-9, 6-35. 6-37]
Change of Voting Address
Moved from Kane County to Kane County
Registered voters who have moved to another address in Kane County should notify the County Clerk's office. This change of address may be accomplished by filling out the reverse side of the voter registration card or by written notice to the County Clerk's office that includes your name, previous address, new address, birthday, and your signature. (If your name has changed, you must re-register.)
Moved from another county to Kane County
Voters who have moved to Kane County from another County or Election Commission must register to vote with Kane County. (See above for how to register.) It is also highly recommended that you contact your previous County or Election Commission to cancel your registration there.
Moved from Kane County to another county
Voters who have moved to another county should notify the Kane County Clerk's office. This notification of a change of address may be accomplished by filling out the reverse side of the voter registration card or by written notice to the County Clerk's Office, 719 S. Batavia Ave, Bldg B, Geneva, 60134 using this Affidavit of Cancellation of Voter Registration Form.
Change of Name
Voters who have changed their name since registering to vote must re-register to vote. You may register to vote at the County Clerk's office or any municipal office or local library in Kane County that accepts registration.
Grace Period Registration
People who have missed the deadline to register to vote may register to vote from the 27th day through election day.
If you register to vote during the grace period and want to vote in the upcoming election, you must vote at the time of registration!